Saturday, February 26, 2011

Seems like spring is just around the corner...


The sun is shining (and does it's best to peek between the buildings), the birds are chirping, and the temperature is rising slowly.  While the changing of the seasons is still 22 days away, it feels as though Mother Nature may be cutting us a break.  Feels as though spring is nearly here!

Before moving to Korea, I was extremely frightened by the thought of winter here.  I hate to be cold, don't like gray skies, and wasn't quite sure what I should wear.  I was also worried that my mood would be effected by the lack of sunlight.  I survived!  Maybe it's because I was expecting the worse.  Maybe it's because my parents got me a wickedly warm Eddie Bauer coat and Timberland boots for Christmas.  I'm not sure which, but amazingly I feel like winter wasn't too bad.  Considering this was my number one fear for life in Korea, I now feel better than ever about living here long term.

Today I thought about spring.  I thought about wearing cute sandals.  The really strappy ones in an array of colors.  I thought about my toes being painted instead of covered by leggings, two pairs of socks, and boots.  I started to get really excited.

Then, I thought about spring again.  This time I thought about wearing a summer dress or *gasp* a bikini. I started to get REALLY frightened.  Springtime is gym time!  I think it's about time I bump my two-day per week minimum up to three or four or five.  I think it's about time I start drinking more water and less coffee.  Maybe I can appreciate winter after all...

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment